Pages

Thursday 3 March 2011

25/02/2011 – Colour & Medium Exploration / Acrylic Paints


I have mentioned at many points in my learning log that I need to develop my confidence and experience in using both colour and alternative mediums. Today I have experimented with acrylic paint for the first time. I mainly just tried to understand the colour and medium by playing with mixing the colours and also the textures and marks I could create using them. I really enjoyed using the paints as it felt quite free, fluid and expressive. I just used a starter set which contained small 12ml tubes as an introduction to the medium. However I will definitely invest in some larger tubes as I feel I could incorporate this medium into my drawings by for example painting a background and then drawing over the top of it, or just using the paint to highlight key aspects of my drawings.


No comments:

Post a Comment