Pages

Tuesday 8 March 2011

Still Life Man Made Objects - Second Attempt


This is my second attempt at drawing still life man-made objects, taking into consideration consonance and composition and using my skills learnt so far. Overall I am pleased with this image, however I do feel there could be a better representation of tone and form. I have chosen 3 items which may be found on a Ladies dressing table; lip gloss, perfume and a necklace. I chose these as they are items which are associated with each other and this was my way of representing consonance. I considered the composition and practised moving around the items before settling on the final layout. I did not want to over-complicate the image, which is why I chose to place the necklace so that it was out of the shadows of the other two items. There is more detail on these items than I have represented on my drawing, mainly because I did not feel confident enough to draw the detail accurately. This is the next area I would like to focus on, along with continuing to develop my skills learnt so far.  I also wanted to use a lot of colour in this drawing as most of the items were very colourful and I also wanted to practise using my new colour pencils. I will continue to practise creating tone and form in colour.


No comments:

Post a Comment