Pages

Thursday 3 March 2011

Exercise - Reflected Light Final image

The flash on my camera has made the drawing appear a lot lighter than it actually is.
This is my final exercise for the reflected light section for my first assignment. I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed this drawing. I used charcoal as specified on A3, and drew two metallic pots side by side. The guidelines did not specify to also draw the light source object, but as I had positioned it so close, I felt a need to include it on the right hand side of my drawing. This is the first time I have drawn on this scale of A3, as I have mainly focused on drawing in my sketch book which is A4. At first it was intimidating having all that space to fill, particularly as the guidelines specified to cover the entire page and just use a putty rubber to create the lightest tones. The actual objects themselves are not my best work, but my focus for this drawing was to achieve a good representation of reflected light and shadows, which I feel I achieved well. I sat down at a table to draw this and it definitly affected my judgement on proportions and shapes, which you can see some very wonky angles on here! I definitly need to start using my easel more.

No comments:

Post a Comment