Pages

Monday 7 March 2011

Still Life Man Made Objects


Let me start of by saying these sketches were doomed from the start; mainly because I chose objects which are actually quite complex and also not of interest to me. The main object was a Courvoisier bottle, which is quite complex with the detailing, angles and thick glass and heavy light reflection. I then tried to add similar objects to complete the image. However all three of my sketches were poor and got worse with each drawing. The first was supposed to be a rough sketch anyway, however it still to me looks like a child has drawn it. I did benefit from it however as it gave me an understanding of the composition of the image and made me realise I was trying to make it too busy. The second and third sketches were just awful as I soon realised I could not draw the bottle and lost all interest in drawing it. So I have decided I need to start again with items I ‘like’ and also need to seriously invest in some good quality colour pencils! My downfall may have also been because I was placing them on a soft surface which was the bed, due to a lack of working space.


No comments:

Post a Comment