Pages

Sunday 6 March 2011

Reflected Light - Check and Log


I have now completed the reflected light section of assignment one. Overall I did enjoy this section and have really seen an improvement in my drawings as a result of the exercise. This is specifically shown in my final drawing of two metallic pots using charcoal on A3. This was the first time I used a large piece of paper to draw on as I used A3. It was thoroughly enjoyable however and I feel the final result was my strongest drawing in the reflected light section. Initially I struggled to see the reflected light patterns, but I found that through practise I managed to draw it successfully.

I have found it a lot easier to identify the two different patterns of light and shade on rounded objects such as jars. Initially when I using my rubber to create the patterns of reflected light, I felt uncomfortable and felt that I was adding in patterns which weren’t necessary there and which did not look realistic. However I forced myself to trust my instincts and my eyes and go with the flow. This really helped and the final result was quite effective. It definitely helped to half close my eyes to study the objects and fully see the shadow and light patterns before drawing. I feel this has really helped to develop my observation skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment