Pages

Sunday 23 January 2011

Research -Art Terminology 20/03/2010

I have seen on the OCA website that www.drawspace.com is a good website for students learning to draw. I really need to improve my vocabulary of art terms to help me analyse and describe my drawings and  other artists. I found some really useful pieces of information here and also came across a 'how to' guide which included facial features and ears in particular. Below are my first ever efforts of drawing an ear.





The first attempt is purely following the instructions. The second attempt is a drawing on my partner's ear. I am pleased with the outcome overal. There are areas for improvement particularly with the positioning of details and proportions. I am glad I did it, as it has helped my learning process with mark making and shading. The combination of hatching and blending has had a good overall effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment