Pages

Sunday 30 January 2011

18/01/2011 - A milestone


Today I contacted the college to find out how long I have left to complete the course and found out it is March 2012. Phew! I was seriously panicking because it made me realise just how much I have to do. I was looking on the gallery today on the OCA student site and felt very apprehensive about my abilities. There are some extremely talented students. So I have decided that as well as completing the exercises, I need to practise, doodle and draw every day. I did a nice drawing yesterday of a vase, which is one of my strongest drawings so far. Then, Today I did a very spontaneous sketch of a chicken ornament in my house. It was liberating and I really felt relaxed and fully absorbed into the task. I pushed my concerns to the back of my mind. I think it really shows in the completed sketch how relaxed and confident I was feeling. I used colour and bold strokes and it is my largest and strongest sketch so far. I am beginning to lose my fear of the pencil and colour and you can clearly see it in this drawing. I feel very proud of it and am looking forwards to progressing with the exercises to further develop my skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment