Pages

Sunday 23 January 2011

Mark Making - Other Mediums March 2010

Here I have experimented with other mediums. I found felt tips to be very unforgiving and dramatic and would not like to use these. They do seem to wear the paper down. I like the effects the charcoal pencils created, they would be a good sketch tool, particularly when doing landscapes. The biro image is clearly my most comfortable medium for doodling, largely because this is the medium I always use to doodle. I then treid to create the same image in watercolour pencils. I really enjoyed using the pencils, they allow you to build up layers and also provide a more real representation of the object. Following that I moved on to pastels. I have never used these before and clearly need more practise. Although the image is very amateur, I do like the depth of colour I created and I love the grey and red together as it creates a nice pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment