Pages

Sunday 13 February 2011

Tone & Form - Practise

I don't usually use pen as a medium, I like to be able to build my drawings through building layers and at the moment I prefer pencil or charcoal pencil. I know this is down to a confidence issue as I am still slightly scared of anything permanent such as pen and using colour. This is something I am gradually building on. However, I do appreciate the benefits of using pen for quick sketches and definition. Here I have practised tone and form and am actually quite pleased with the results. The first page I was having an off day and feeling rather unskilled and this is clearly reflected in the quality of my drawings. However I went back to basics on the second page and you can see some good achievements of tone and form there. I plan on practising tone and form some more through various sketches and will then move on to reflected light.

No comments:

Post a Comment