Pages

Thursday 3 February 2011

Exercise - Tone & Form

This is my best piece in the tone and form exercises section as the final drawing of the cup shows a really good representation of shadow and light. I started off with the apples drawing where the light source was coming from the top of the apples. Initially I struggled with this image as I think I was striving for too much detail, I found I had created too much depth and had to use the rubber to go back and create more light. I then used a drawing pen to create a more basic drawing of a spray can to try and create a more basic understanding of light and shadow. I feel this really helped as I then went through and highlighted the different aspects of the shadows and reflections. My final drawing of the cup is definitely my strongest piece in this section. It combines my learnings from this section of light, shadow and form. I particularly like the representation of the crossover of shadows underneath the cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment