Pages

Sunday 24 April 2011

Motivation Dip


I have had a motivation dip which has so far lasted one month! Which is really not good when I should have submitted my first assignment a month ago.....?

I am not sure what is causing it, I think it is because I have lost interest in the exercises and just want to do the assignment. I am also anxious about starting the next assignment, which is the human form. I know I am going to be rubbish at it! So now, my mind has already moved on and I am struggling to pull it back to concentrate on the current assignment. Also, I am currently doing the ‘using texture’ exercises and this is an area I am really weak in. I completely lack the attention to detail required to be able to recreate a good level of texture in a drawing. My brain is just not tuned in to be able to recreate what I see onto paper! I have begun to think my strengths would probably lie in abstract art!

I am definitely concerned that my drawings are not going to be strong enough for a good grade on my first assignment. This is one of the many issues that a distance learning student faces, we lack the benefit of support and inspiration from fellow students. I have been thinking of joining a local drawing and painting workshop for beginners, I think this will really help develop my skills and boost my confidence a little. I am definitely going to do life drawing classes for my next assignment. Ideally I would like to leave the drawing figures assignment to last!!

I plan to complete the textures drawing this evening and submit my first assignment in a weeks’ time.

No comments:

Post a Comment